Sunday, September 14, 2014

Day 10...celebrate and be who you are.  I know in this quest we are working to change this upside down world by changing the things we do not like.  Even changing things we do not like about ourselves.  I hope their are lots of beautiful and wonderful things you like about yourself, celebrate those things and be yourself.  Smile at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself how smart, beautiful, and wonderful you are.  Oh, and while you are at it, tell someone else how smart, beautiful and wonderful they are.  This week I had moments of fear, and became discouraged in my thinking.  I believe this to be my own insecurities.  I quickly realized what I was doing and encouraged myself to not give up and keep going.  For me this requires a "pep talk." When life gets hard and things get busy or tedious I have a tendency of wanting to give up and give in.  This is from fear mostly.  I believe fear is the number one thing that keeps us from reaching our true potential.  If we allow fear to win we put ourselves at great risk of failure.  If we face fear and continue on then we are at a greater potential for success.  Life is short, so why not battle fear and the things we are afraid of?

What's on my mind is how hard it is to change.  I am an impatient person.  I am like our current trends wanting everything fast and in a hurry.  Change takes time and man now that I am actively working on being a better person I see a lot of my flaws.  I make epic mistakes and often.  If I worry about all my character defects I will get overwhelmed so I am taking this one step at a time.  One of my character defects is that I realized my need to lie when I feel it will hurt someone's feelings.  I don't like not being truthful, even if it will hurt someone's feelings.  I guess it's not what you say, but how you say it.  Today, I am so passionate about being truthful.  It's not easy!  What do you say to a new parent of an ugly baby?  "Awwww, he has so much hair, he looks like his father."  I didn't lie, I was being truthful!!!  My challenge today is for you to fight the fear of sparing ones' feelings and be truthful.  It's how you present the material that makes the difference.  It is true that truth will set you free.  Try it for an entire day!  Today I will leave you with a truthful video.

To Tell The Truth

Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment