Monday, September 8, 2014

Day 4, Monday. I'm so tired.  Mondays are always hard for me to get back into the swing of things.  I tell people all the time that doing the right thing is harder then doing the wrong thing.  Like getting up every morning and going to work, paying bills, and being responsible seems so much harder then not doing what's right.  Sometimes, I come across people who think musicians and actors have it easy.  I can't remember yesterday let alone remember lines to a movie or 12-16 song lyrics on a CD.  Anything worth having is hard work.

What's on my mind today under the Monday fog is being appreciative.  I hear all the time that we never miss something until it's gone.  I spent today appreciating the little things:  Appreciating the yellow butterfly that flew in front of me, appreciating the smile on my children's face and how happy they seem, appreciating the quiet moment I had during a busy day, appreciating the food I had to nourish my body, appreciating my neighbor who smiled and said good morning, appreciating the wisdom I have to write, appreciating the ability to be mobile.  Today nothing was too small to be appreciated.  In a blink of any eye it could all evaporate.  I challenge you tomorrow to appreciate the air you have to breathe, and the family and friends you have that share their joy with you.  Because, we are not guaranteed the little pleasures that we don't even acknowledge as pleasures.  I will leave you with a verse today.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment