Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Day 6. I really thought this would be easy.  It's not as easy as I thought.  When I started this memoir/change this upside down world challenge I was fired up and motivated.  I was dreaming when I told myself I could do this for an entire year.  I'm not so sure anymore, and it's only been 6 days. Lol!!!

I started this thinking I would be open and honest, but truthfully I haven't really divulged many personal things about myself.  I knew from the beginning tho that this would be my biggest challenge. It is extremely hard for me to let people in.  Why is that?  Maybe, I'm afraid of how I will look or what people will think.  I'm not perfect and no one is, but I strive daily to be better then I was the day before.  Why do we care so much about what others think?  I've heard a lot of people say they don't care what others think, but I don't know if I believe that.  Their is always an exception to the rule, but deep inside, because we as humans need others, we have to care.  I guess their are different levels of caring that vary individually.  Some people care more then others.  I know that celebrities go through a lot of scrutiny.  I bet when negative things are said about them it has to hurt. I think we should implement a paparazzi free Sunday.  Anyway, I always wonder when someone goes on a reality television show and watch it later do they really absorb who they are and sometime are they disgusted or surprised?  Especially, when other people get to weigh in on their personality and behaviors.  I know that if I were to ever go on a reality show that I would really get to see myself and I am afraid of that outcome.  In the world according to Keisha people would be accepted for how they are: If a guy wants a pink mohawk and purple eye brows who am I to degrade or talk about him?  I wish we all did accept each other the good and bad.  The worse part is that everyone's opinion on what is good or what is bad are so different.  We all have the capacity to be nice, sweet, thoughtful, compassionate and understanding.  The issue is that we also have the capacity to be the opposite of those things.  I always tell people that everyone has a special gift or skill and that gift or skill can be used for positive or for negative.  Their is no doubt that when we do positive things we feel good, so why don't we strive to do this all the time?  Why aren't we understanding that sometime people have a hard day or are going through something, so we should over look the negative response we may get from that individual.  Sometime we are in a different mood and we think it's someone else who is the problem when it's really us.  So, why do we allow people to change our moods?  We can only change our mood if we allow the stimulus to effect us.  We shouldn't let this happen. I know easier said then done, but that's what this memoir is about.... Challenging ourselves to be different and to do different.

What's on my mind today is how fast time seems to be going.  It's as if we don't get enough sleep in a day.  It's as if we don't have enough hours in a day to complete things.  I feel like I spend most of my time at work, in my car, and only a very few precious minutes at home.  I love being home and relaxing.  I know plenty of people who are always on the go, but if you are a parent with children who are active you have no choice, but to be on the go.  It gets frustrating sometime, but in the end we all like to think its worth it, right?  I guess what I am getting at is when we leave this earth what type of person do we want to be remembered as?  With the limited time we have what kind of person are we that our children will model?  I am so not ready to leave this earth, but I'm also not wanting to be remembered how I am at this present day.  I work hard and have accomplished a lot, but I'm not completely satisfied yet.  I want to leave something for my children.  Mostly, I want them to be good Christian servants and I want to be a better person so they will be better people.  Which leads to our challenge.....I challenge you to be more understanding to different circumstances.  I challenge you not to allow anyone to alter your happy mood.  If someone cuts you off while driving pray for their safe journey.  If a coworker gets on your nerves, smile and pray for them to have busy work...lol.  Just don't allow anyone to steal your happy today.  I will leave you with a verse.

Proverbs 16:20
He that handles a matter wisely shall find good: and whoever trusts in the LORD, happy is he.


Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment