Saturday, September 6, 2014

This is day 2. I can't remember the last time I committed myself to doing anything.  I used to set goals and chase after them with a vengeance.  I'm not sure when that changed.  I guess when life tossed me around in a different direction then of my goal at some point I stopped fighting it and gave in to the path I kept ending up on.  If you've lived long enough you realize that life won't give you everything you want.  Their are so many disappointments.  You have to find pockets of happiness.

What's on my mind today has to do with why we have so much violence.  Does anyone else notice that our children are being raised in a highly violent era? From video games to movies to television.  The sad part is that we allow this to occur.  If we didn't buy those video games or purchase the television channels we wouldn't endorse this behavior.  I know people understand that continued exposure to violence will desensitize or cause a child to accept or be comfortable with violence.  This leads to aggressive behaviors.   That is scary in a time when young people are carrying guns and using them.  Part of my new initiative in writing these memoirs is the quest to change our upside down world.  If we don't nurture and teach our children the right things we automatically lose, because they will carry the torch when we can't anymore.  We have to be more aware and caring.  We can't be to busy to educate our children with love, compassion, understanding and support.  Or worse just ignore and allow these things that will negatively effect our world.  The challenge today is to show kindness  to a young person. Take a niece or nephew out to eat, buy a neighbor kid an ice cream, or simply tell your child how proud you are of them.  By showing them kindness we drown out the violence and increase the chance of them sharing that same kindness to someone else.

Proverbs 22:6 
Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.

Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment