Thursday, September 11, 2014

Day 7.....today is September 11.  The day we remember all those who lost their lives on 9/11/01.  We have all been through so much.  Last night President Obama announced that we are facing threats of  terrorism from within the Middle East and North Africa.  It's a sad day when our children can't go to school without the fear of being killed.  This isn't just from terrorism, but also from mentally disturbed people within our own country.  It's really sad that their are children and people in other parts of the world who are traumatized by war and violence.  As I write this I am at a park watching my children play without a care in the world.  Isn't that how it should be?  We are plagued by greed, anger, and the desire to control.  Imagine a world of peace were adults weren't afraid to walk in there own neighborhood, where their wasn't sexual assault, violence, trauma, or criminal activity.  I'm a dreamer, but if everyone took responsibility for themselves we could have this peaceful world.  I believe one person can cause chaos that leads to war.  I would think that the feeling of being treated unjustly would invoke one to act out.  Again, if we were just responsible for our own actions and behaviors.  If one person can cause chaos another can cause restoration.  If we continue on the path we are on our children will continue to live in a world that fosters the very things we try to protect them from.  In my quest of changing this upside down world I am going to be fair and treat others with respect, even when it's not returned.  I challenge you to do the same.  I challenge you for all those who lost their lives on 9/11, for our children's future and our world to be fair and just.  I challenge you in this difficult time to invoke restoration.  Please remember how our actions can effect another person.  Take responsibility and be accountable for your own actions, words, and behaviors.  I will leave you with a verse.

John 13:34-35 New International Version (NIV)

34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

No comments:

Post a Comment