Saturday, September 20, 2014

Day 16. It's a beautiful day in my part of the world. I enjoyed the nice breeze kissing my face.  The clean air that I am so grateful to take into my lungs. The bright sun shinning down on me with warmth.  I am appreciative of the little things today.  I really want to discuss spirituality.  I understand and appreciate people's individuality.  Every one believes and feels different about everything.  This is why our world is so special.  We are the ones however, who take special things and transform them into unappreciative things.  Funny, as I finish this writing today the breeze has turned harsh and cold.  The sun has disappeared and that gray, dark, cloud covers the ski pouring thunderstorm rain down.  Things change, life changes in a blink of an eye.

What's on my mind.  Today is God.  I have this friend who sends me frequent videos on scientific evidence of the assertion that God doesn't exist.  He spends so much time on researching this that I wonder if he's questioning his own belief.  I don't need to research for more understanding.  Like I always hear...when you know you just know!!!  Their have been many times in my life were God has spoken to me and like Jonas I didn't listen.  Not fortunate like Jonas I wasn't put back on the right path, but forged my own and that never brought me to my true happiness.  When I listen to His calling the outcome is usually better for me.  I say usually, because like a child we don't always want to do what we need to do.  When things are good I pray, when things are bad I pray, when I feel lonely I pray, when I feel sad I pray, when I feel grateful I pray. Their isn't a good or bad way to pray.  Speaking to God for me is like talking to my Father. I do it with love in my heart, happiness in my spirit and hope in my mind.  If praying to God gives me hope why not?  For those who don't believe do you teach your children about the tooth fairy or Santa Clause?  Do you give them that hope?  That's a bad analogy, because God and his ways are so magnified that our small brains still can't comprehend the numerous miracles that occur every day.  By no means am I perfect.  I have to work on my spiritual growth daily like any relationship.  I am a sinner.  Nothing worth having in this world is easy.  To make this upside down world better we have to start with ourselves first.  Today my challenge is for you to pray.  If you already pray make sure you pray for those who haven't found God yet.  Prayer is powerful. Today let's use this gift that is special.  Today I will leave you with inspiration from the Bible.

Matthew 7:7-12
Ask, Seek, Knock
7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.  9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Luke 18:1-8
Parables on Prayer
18 Now He was telling them a parable to show that at all times they ought to pray and not to lose heart, 2 saying, “In a certain city there was a judge who did not fear God and did not respect man. 3 There was a widow in that city, and she kept coming to him, saying, ‘Give me legal protection from my opponent.’ 4 For a while he was unwilling; but afterward he said to himself, ‘Even though I do not fear God nor respect man, 5 yet because this widow bothers me, I will give her legal protection, otherwise by continually coming she will wear me out.’” 6 And the Lord said, “Hear what the unrighteous judge *said; 7 now, will not God bring about justice for His elect who cry to Him day and night, and will He delay long over them? 8 I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?”

Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment