Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Day 19.  I allowed someone today to change my mood.  It was really amazing when I noticed that this had happened.  I'm really trying to be more mindful of these things.  I was cheerful and upbeat.  Actually, I had been in the spirit and feeling wonderful.  That kind of wonderful that makes you sing out loud.  And in one moment someone said something negative to me over the phone and an unhappy switch flipped.  The crazy thing is that I probably took it more negative then what he was actually meaning it to be.  That's how life is....one minute you are smiling and things are going well, you are feeling good and in an instant things can change.  So, today I was wondering why we really care what other people think about us?  Our society has us so paranoid.  We are plagued by so much negativity that it filtrates throughout our daily living.  We really have to hold tight to our beliefs or life can eat you alive.  It's so important to not allow negative people to disturb your happy, because they will every chance they get.

What's on my mind.  How hard it is to let go of negativity.  How hard it is to let go of something you know is not good for you. How that one thing or few things tempt you.  It could be a person who you know is bad for you.  It could be drugs or a lifestyle.  Letting it go could be one of the most difficult things you ever tackle in your entire life.  The first step is realizing what is bad for you.  I challenge you today to examine your life and figure out what that is?  If you know what it is the challenge is to come up with three ways you can avoid whatever it is.  Today I will leave you with the Serenity Prayer.

Serenity Prayer
Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971)

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.


Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment