Friday, September 19, 2014


Day 15. One of the worst feelings in the world is when a loved one is hurting and you can't do anything about it.  I really don't want to say you can't do anything about it, because what I really mean is that you can't take their pain away.  You can always give support, understanding, and find comfort in knowing that you are there for them.  Being a friend is vital to any relationship.  When I say "being a friend" I mean behaving for someone like a good friend would in a time of need.  Everyone needs a good friend when life happens and knocks someone off balance.  Sometimes it's difficult to be a good friend when you have your own difficulties.  It's really hard when you are deep into a situation and can't see the sheep from the wolves.  The people who care about you tell you about the wolves, but that fog in your brain keeps your vision blurry.  We all learn from these situations and everyone will go through it at least once in a lifetime. The main point is to do the best you can in the situation you are dealt and always be a good friend to someone else.

What's on my mind.  High speed chases.  It seems like life is full of high speed chases.  Like time is racing by and everyone is trying to catch up and chase the next thing.  That next thing could be a new job, a better car, a boyfriend or girlfriend, a new house, different friends, new opportunities.  I guess it just feels like their is always something to go after.  Hopefully, after all that speed and chasing we make time for ourselves.  Like finding time to slow down and enjoy the little things.  Going out and doing something you love.  Finding time to enjoy your hobbies.  If you keep bending a branch it will break, same goes for us.  As the weekend approaches I am going to try not to think of what I have to do next week, or what bills I have to pay, but I'm going to focus on spending time unwinding and allowing my body the relaxation it needs.  A happy spirit lives a long life.  A friend and coworker passed away not too long ago.  I was thinking how he is gone and life keeps moving without him.  One day life will keep moving without me or you.  So, the challenge today is to take the negative moments in life and used them as experiences thus changing them into positives.  Keep moving forwards, because life doesn't stop or slow down for our issues. Today I will leave you with a few verses.

3 John 1:2
Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.

1 Peter 5:7-9
Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world.


Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment