Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Day 12.  Today I have been on an emotional roller coaster.  I was tired this morning and didn't want to get out of bed...well, that's every morning.  But in the afternoon I was up and down.  The mind is a powerful and serious tool.  I was in a decent mood until I started thinking about negative things and feeling sorry for myself.  It's amazing how self talk can bring you down and lift you up. Being able to speak positive to yourself has to be a learned trait.  I say this because we are our own worst enemies.  No one can talk to me as negative as I can talk to myself.  In this quest of changing this upside down world I continue today to work on staying positive.  I am also being mindful that allowing the negative in can effect my mood and in turn effect someone else's mood who I come into contact with.

What's on my mind today.......LOVE.  Such a profound emotion that when practiced can be liberating and devastating.  It's amazing to me how people are attracted to each other.  Why some people are more attracted to others and vise versa.  I'm sure their are lots of studies that can explain this ideology.  I just think it's amazing how we as people connect with each other.  I really think the first part is finding a common interest.  However, once you are in love it can be amazing.  Being in love makes people do amazing things.  When someone is in love they can climb the highest mountain and brave the coldest storms. Why should this surprise anyone when God basically said of all the greatest feelings love is on top.  I can't image anyone not having experienced this wonderful feeling.  Love comes in different forms, so I would think it impossible not to have embarked on it sometime in ones life.  I think if people love more, then their is less time for loves' arch nemesis "hate."  I challenge you today to be more open minded and love more.  Sometime in life we hold our love back like only a few people deserve it.  It should be the opposite, we should hold back hate and love more, because everyone should be exposed to our light.  Today I will leave you with a verse.

Matthew 5:43-45

Love for Enemies
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment