Monday, September 15, 2014

Day 11. It's Monday again.  I am so drained.  I guess I had to much relaxation over the weekend.  I have so many things I would like to talk about, but I really don't want to get into religion, politics, or race right now.  Those are my topics that I don't discuss with people I don't know.  That always comes out bad, so I'm going to hold off discussing those things for right now.  I've mentioned before how time seems to fly by.  It's almost fall and I really didn't get to enjoy summer like I really wanted to.  Fall is my favorite time of year.  I love when the tress turn colors and the leaves fall off.  It's like art in motion to me.  The only thing I don't like about fall is that winter is right next door.  People who live in warmer climates are so lucky.  Although, they seem to pay for it through the cost of living in those areas.  I always wonder why my ancestors/family moved to the town I live in.  Not that I couldn't move, I just kind of feel stuck here, because most of my family is here.  I always hear people say take a leap of faith.  To me that means jump into the unknown with hopes and faith that things will turn out okay.  Do we do that in life a lot or not enough?

What's on my mind today....I was talking to a past client and the light bulb finally went on for him.  He called me out of the blue to tell me everything that I used to tell him he now sees.  Things that I had been telling him for months and maybe even a few years finally set in.  I tell everyone that if you want to change the perception that people have of you then change your behaviors.  If you don't want to be considered a liar then stop lying.  If you don't want to be considered a thief then stop stealing.  Some people don't realize that if you change your behaviors it can change the way people see you.  We also discussed how drugs give you a sense of a false reality.  Being under the influence of a drug, and doing it often will make you believe things about people, about yourself that aren't true.  Until your body gets clean and your mind gets clear from the fog you may not be able to see it, or see things clearly.  For me being healthy means being spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and physically sound.  I call it "SEMP" sound, because it's simple.  That means taking care of yourself spiritually by meditating, yoga, the Bible, and/or Church.  Taking care of your emotional well being by thinking positive and/or surrounding yourself with positive people.  Being mentally stable could mean seeing a counselor or talking to a trusted friend.  Venting about issues and dealing with life by having good coping skills are important.  And lastly, but not least doing what is necessary physically like eating healthy and working out keeps your body happy.  If you follow these things then you are "SEMP" sound.  Not taking care of these areas in life can cause all sorts of problems that can devastate your well being.  I challenge you today to make sure you are doing something in each of these areas to stay SEMP sound.  Try it for a day and the next day and the next day.  I promise you, you will feel like a different person.  Today, I will leave you with a verse.  For all the juveniles that I have ever spoken to, and who at times don't believe in themselves, anything is possible and for you I leave an inspirational song of the seemingly impossible becoming possible.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

The seemingly impossible becoming possible


Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment