Monday, October 6, 2014

Day 31. What? What? It's Monday!!! I really didn't have all that enthusiasm today.  Monday's are so hard for me.  Getting out of bed and doing the right thing by being responsible and going to work.  It seems like the same thing over and over again.  The wonderful thing about this mundane pattern is that you never know what's going to happen next.  I am grateful that nothing catastrophic has happened.  Nothing really wonderful happened either, but today I am okay with that.  The wonderful thing is that I get a chance to do things better today.  I get another chance at chasing my dreams......

What's on my mind.  How to cultivate inner peace.  I've had moments when I was feeling so wonderful and the world interrupted my mood.  It is so hard not to allow your mood to be disturbed.  It takes true discipline not to allow outside stimuli to effect you in a negative way.  This is something that I am still working on.  It can be the littlest thing that causes me self doubt and changes my mood.  Inner peace and tranquility are absolutely necessary.  I can't imagine a mind that never gets to experience this, and I know those people are out their.  I'm guessing they are either brilliant or mentally unstable.  Me, I'm somewhere in-between.  The challenge today is to try and maintain inner peace.  That means do not worry about bills, or what's going to happen tomorrow.  Total inner peace is acquired by following that old saying, "let all the worries go and give them to God."  Today I will leave you with a verse.

Philippians 4:8-9
8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 9 What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment