Thursday, October 16, 2014

Day 41.  Do you go above and beyond?  I know that everyone has their own responsibilities, but how many people go beyond the regular responsibilities and do more?  Like volunteering for local organizations, helping the less fortunate, tutoring a child, or anything that benefits someone else?  I just feel like their is always room for doing more.  I have come to experience that giving time and helping someone else enriches or fuels my happiness.

What's on my mind.  The beauty of everyone being different.  I was out in my community today and just looked at all the different people.  Individuality is a beautiful thing.  It was beautiful to see all the different people from different backgrounds, personalities and cultures.  It was even more beautiful to see all the different kids together enjoying each other.  I don't understand how people have time to hate. I had a parent tell me that her mother-in-law told her daughter to not like black people.  I don't know what God she serves, but my God teaches us to love everyone.  He also says teaching a young person to turn from love (Him) is one of the worst things anyone could do.  Why anyone would want to even put hate in a child's heart is unexplainable and disgusting.  In this quest to changing this upside down world the most important key component is that we need each other.  We need people!  Everyone can help by doing their part.  The simple first step in the words of Michael Jackson is to start with the man in the mirror.  We need to start with ourselves and extend that wisdom and knowledge we learned about ourselves to others.  I used to be closed minded, and I am still a working progress, however, hate is in a dark and lonely world where the opposite of love, pain resides.  The challenge today is to embrace and learn about another culture.  Today I will leave you with a verse.

Matthew 18:1-7
Who Is the Greatest?
18 At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” 2 And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them 3 and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5 “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, 6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment