Sunday, October 19, 2014

Day 44.  On the Sabbath He rested.  And today so did I.  I can't explain the joy I have in doing nothing.  The only reason I like having days like this is because I am so busy during the week.  Their is always something to be done and many times things I don't want to do, but know I need to.  So, today was peaceful and relaxing.  It's the quiet before the storm.  When I get days like this I always believe it's going to be one heck of a week.  I need to rest up so I can approach this coming week with spiritual soundness, emotional strength, mental acuity, and the physical endurance to take it all on.

What's on my mind.  Doing things I normally do not get to do.  With such a busy and hectic week I don't always get to do things that are enjoyable. So, when I get a chance to do them it is amazing.  I used to dance when I was in college for a dance company.  I danced for probably 8 years of my life and I loved it.  So, when I went dancing last night I had so much fun.  It brought back memories which fueled my inner happy.  I think for us to be better people we need to do more of the things that make us happy.  We spend a lot of time doing things that we feel obligated to do.  I know often I don't feel like I have the opportunity to do fun things, but we need to make it an obligation like we do work and taking care of responsibilities.  When we do things that fuel our inner happy then we become happier people.  When we become happier people, so do the people around us, because our feelings are like the rain and sunshine.  When we are down everyone gets wet and poured on, when we are happiest everyone can feel that warmth.  The challenge today is to make sure you do something that makes you happy, and while you are at it....do something that makes someone else happy.  Today I will leave you with quiet introspection.

Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment