Saturday, October 25, 2014

Day 50.  Time flies.  I hope people are living in a way that fuels their inner happy, because no one is promised tomorrow.  I think the worst thing that could happen to someone is thinking that they have time to do this or to do that, and letting time catch up.  Live today and rest tomorrow.

What's on my mind.  I was explaining Heaven and hell to my children.  They are so funny, because they speak their minds.  I told them that the devil likes to lie and deceive them into thinking things that aren't true.  Like that it's okay to lie, or that stealing is fine.  I told them that this life is hard, because we are not home.  That Heaven is our home where there is no pain, hurt, anxiety, or the feeling of being left out.  One of my kids asked if there is food there.  I told them that the food is probably better then we could ever imagine.  "Like ice cream," one yelled out.  I told them maybe something that taste way better then ice cream and all of their eyes got big.  One of them asked how does someone get to hell?  I told them by not following God's laws.  He left us commandments.  He even told us to love our enemies.  He also said that if we believe that he gave his only Son to die for our sins so that we might be saved we would have eternal life.  That if we ask for forgiveness for whatever we've done he knows our hearts and is a merciful and forgiving God.  The challenge today is to talk to God.  If you always talk to him give him thanks and praise for his blessings.  If you don't talk to God often speak to him in a respectful manner like you would your wonderful father who gave you life and so much love.  Every day we breathe is a gift, another chance at being the best person we know we can be.  Today I will leave you with a verse.

Revelation 21:1-5
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. 4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”
5 And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment