Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Day 39.  I lost focus this past few months of my main goal.  When you want something so badly and really work at trying to obtain it, you can lose focus of the bigger picture.  I feel like an idiot today.  The good thing is the light bulb went on before I exhausted all of myself in this pursuit.  Maybe, the things we have are what we should be happy for and shouldn't strive for more? No, I don't believe that at all..... Because it's good to want more.  Unless, you are being greedy?  If you continue to work at something and work at something and fail....does that mean it isn't for you?  I don't believe that either, because eventually when you do obtain it you will have to decide if the fight was worth it.  I don't want to give up, because I think it would enrich my life....however, working so hard to accomplish this task is interfering with other areas of my life.  When you focus so much on acquiring one thing, other things get pushed aside.  So, I am at the point of asking myself is this really worth it?  It is essential to take the time to examine your motives for how you are living and make adjustments when necessary.

What's on my mind....you guessed it...heartbreak (or you didn't...lol).  It is so heartbreaking when you find out something about someone who you thought had potential...Now, I speak so much about not being judgmental and being understanding.  Cognitive dissonance....so, if you meet someone who stole from a friend of yours, are you going to leave your purse or wallet around them?  We shouldn't judge right, but we do!  How hard it must be for that person who continues to make mistakes and finally decides they are going to change......people who remember the "old them" will find it hard to forget.  I guess how do we in an attempt to change this upside down world rectify a situation like this.  That person will have to be accountable for their behaviors.  We have to be non-judgmental and compassionate.  I guess the challenge today would be to give everyone a fair chance, even when their past continues to plague them.  It's not an easy task, but anything worth having is never easy, and helping each other is something that we must do in this life to be successful.  Today, I will leave you with a verse.

Ephesians 4:28
Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need.

Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment