Sunday, October 26, 2014

Day 51.  Not sure how much longer I am going to do this.  This quest to change this upside down world has been productive for me...things that seem natural and maybe common sense to me I've learned may not be the perception of others.  I don't believe I have all the answers, but I do believe that people can learn from others' mistakes and I've made a lot of them in my life.  Hopefully, I can help other people who may be facing some of the same things.

What's on my mind.  Some people get stuck.  People who get stuck have something traumatic happen in their life that causes them to be mentally and emotionally stuck.  It's when they are unable to move forward past the event.  It could mean the loss of a loved one, a lover leaving them, an accident, or being physically or emotionally abused.  Their are so many reasons that a person could get stuck.  The world they knew no longer exists.  They live in a world of pain, anger, self resentment, and fear.  It's hard for them to move on.  Sometime the perception they have of things is a false state of reality.  It's really painful for their loved ones to see them this way and going through what they are.  One day when they are really able to let go of all those feelings I've mentioned and truly ready to move forward they won't be stuck anymore.  Getting to that point takes a lot of work and the motivation to move forward.  I always say the best thing you can do for anyone in a situation like this or any situation period is to pray for them.  Saint Monica prayed daily for her son Saint Augustus who ended up turning his life over to God.  Prayer is powerful.  The challenge today is to sit silently for a significant amount of time and pray for someone who you realize is stuck.  Pray for them to have the courage to move forward, to get past the fear, anger and hurt.  Today I will leave you to pray.

Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment